Friday, February 27, 2009

Rifle Club

(click to enlarge)

A moment of memory for Rifle Club, to which I belonged for two years. We met in the basement of the old YMCA, across from the Lincoln Library. 


The above shot is 1957 and all boys, but girls belonged in other years. (Look just beyond Rod Gabel's shoulder.) 


The club had no social purpose: we rarely talked, just practiced shooting, studying the targets, and cleaning up rounds. It was a brief pastime, but memorable. Perhaps you had one like it. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is the girl in the background?????
JV

Will Howarth said...

Ah, I thought you'd never ask. It's Judy Vicars.

No, just kidding.

My guess is Sue Diller. She was the daughter of the club adviser, Mr. Diller. In other year books, she and a few other girls appear as members.

I'm not in any of the pictures, but I definitely belonged in the first and second years