Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Campus Life



I have been remiss of late in posting news because (a) no one has sent me any and (b) I am dealing with mid-terms. Mid-terms is half-way through the semester, when papers and exams pile up at faculty doors and all the students skip off to enjoy a week of vacation from their jejune duties.

Well, this time I am leaving ahead of them, going to Wisconsin for a week of rest and hiking. I will have e-mail access via a local cafe that grants wi-fi to patrons "who are willing to buy a little food," the owner says, so I'll try to stay in touch and not spill coffee on my laptop.

In case you wonder what a professor does, Joel Achenbach of the Washington Post recently wrote a column describing a course that he took with me. He's also mentioned it in a book, so I guess he wants me to change his grade. (Just kidding; he was a star pupil.)

That picture is of Princeton, but not my classes, for I prefer to teach indoors. And I do have some news to impart about a '58, so stay tuned for my next report.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will,
Hope that your Fall break to Wis. for hiking and relaxation was a great time. The Fall colors should be great now, as they are just really starting (late) here in Hotlanta. Have fun and don't spill your coffee in your lap or your laptop! ;-)

Tom Downs