Friday, November 17, 2006

Classes in '56

Fifty years is long ago, until you browse in an old Capitoline. Today I was looking at 1956 and found some pictures of our Sophomore selves. I don't recognize everyone, so please fill in the blanks with a comment. (Click on the pictures to see enlargements.)

Above is a Latin II class, led by Margaret Ihlenfeldt. Check out those little statues!
  • Board: all Unknown.
  • Row 1: Elizabeth Tinsley, Pat Dowling, Steve Dilts, Unknown.
  • Row 2: Nancy Guy, Janet Beardsley, Dennis Carroll, John Harrison, Unknown.
  • Row 3: Lewis Striebeck, Stan Thomas, Sandra Murphy.
And here is a World History class, taught by Ray Page.
  • Far left: Bob Brunsman, Arlene Jacobs, Alan Kennedy, Dale Jeffers
  • Checked shirt: Bill Profrock
  • Board: Janet Beardsley, explaining the Universe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spotted Arlene Jacobs and Susan Ervin in the second picture.
Is that Harvey Najim at the blackboard, in the plaid shirt with the dark hair in the first picture? Or possibly Barry Satlow?

Judy Vicars Van Hagen

Anonymous said...

Is it possible the world history class is reversed? I could swear that's me sitting in front of Dale Jeffers but it appears I've suddenly become left-handed. Dale is holding his pencil in his right hand but the paper is turned as if he's left-handed. As I remember he was right-handed and was always borrowing a piece of paper from me. I can't read the writing on the blackboard to tell for sure.

Barbara Edmiston Mitchell

Will Howarth said...

Barbara,

You are right, the picture is reversed in the '56 Capitoline. So now, for the first time in 50 years, we are publishing the TRUTH!

Will