Monday, June 16, 2008

Onward

Crummock Water, English Lake District

On July 1, I take the step that many of you have already made, into retirement. My feelings are just as mixed as anyone else: it's the end of a long chapter in life, and the start of who knows what to come. I'm fortunate in that I'll continue to teach, write, and travel, in measured doses. The picture above shows a place I want to go hiking, one day soon.

Anyway, Princeton ran a little story about my years here, I picked up an award for graduate teaching, and I'm in the process of clearing out a campus office. As Professor Emeritus, I have a space in the Library for research and writing. Retirement brings freedom from old routines and the chance for new adventures. I'm looking forward to moving onward.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Will! Great write up about your career. I'm sure you will enjoy retirement, marching on to your adventures to come!

Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Will!

GO FOR IT! GO FOR THAT WALK!! Retirement is a "new day" that presents definite challenges. But getting out of "routine" is fine!

Lee

Unknown said...

Professor Will,
Congratulations. You should be very proud of your many accomplishments. I know that there will be many more in the future. Enjoy your retirement,
Bill Ice

Anonymous said...

Wil:

Congratulations! Make sure your always doing something.
After retirement from the Corp life, I started two small Business. Just couldn't remained doing nothing.

Just keep busy!

Best of Luck!

Bob Owens

Anonymous said...

La Vita
E Bella dear Professor...you are one talented fellow who deserves to enjoy it to it's fullest.
Congratulations on your retirement and the hours you will now have to explore new horizons.

Yvonne n BOB B.
From Sunny Ca.